The Emerald Tablets of Hermes Trismegistus also just known as The Emerald Tablets, is the most well known alchemical text, which is attributed to Hermes Trismegistus, "Hermes Thrice-Great".
Translation by the Light of ThothEdit
- True, without falsehood, certain and most true
- That which is above is like that which is below, and that which is below is like that which is above, for the performance of the miracles of one, the one substance
- And as all things are produced from One, by the meditation of the One, so all things were produced from this one substance by adaptation.
- Its father is the Sun, its mother the Moon, the wind carries it in its belly, its nurse in the Earth
- It is the Father of all perfection throughout the World
- Its power is integrating, if it be changed into Earth
- Seperate the Earth from the Fire, the subtle from the Gross, acting prudently with great ingenuity and skill.
- Your skillful work ascends from the Earth to Heaven, and then again descends to the Earth, and recieves the power of things superior and things inferior. So thou hast the glory of the whole World, therefore let all obscurity fly before thee.
- This is the strong force of all forces, it conquers every subtle thing and can penetrate every solid.
- Thus was the World formed.
- Hence proceed wonders, which are here established
- Therefore, I am called Hermes Trismegistus, having three parts of the philosophy of the whole World.
- That which I had to say concerning the operation of the Sun is completed.
This article is a stub. You can help the Miriadic Wiki by expanding it.